in brief note form:
- Went to a friend’s birthday party on Friday night. Although the evening got off to a rocky start (F could not tie his tie for the life of him, and spent 45 frustrated minutes trying, while I looked for my only dress, which eventually I could not find and had to end up going in a much less festive buttondown/skirt pairing), the party was FREAKIN AWESOME. We even got to make flip-books of ourselves (possibly one of the best party games ever). I had an extremely delicious steak, among other indulgences. So. Fun Friday. Happy birthday, Friend, whom I shall not embarrass by calling out lest s/he be reading this. But I hope the party was at least as great for you as it was for me!
- Went to see Urban Ballet Theater’s Nutcracker in the Lower on Saturday. It’s a modern revisiting, keeping Tchaikovsky’s score intact (with a couple exciting additions), and recasting the classical ballet with multicultural elements. Actually, I have a lot to say about this and might do a longer post later. But it was, at the risk of sounding redundant, FREAKIN AWESOME. Sadly the run is already over for this year, but anyone in the NY area who wants to go next year should let me know; I’m already putting together a group.
- On Sunday I saw Black Swan, to round out a dance-themed weekend. Very beautiful and very stressful to watch. Anyone else seen it?
- I am currently reading Sherwood Smith’s Inda, which was a little difficult for me to get into (so many characters, so many names!) but which had utterly dragged me into its world by page 60. In case you’re looking for some new epic fantasy.
- I learned how I will be spending my birthday in 2011–for the second year in a row, at someone else’s wedding! Woohoo. F is best man at this one, which is great, because it means he will have to look nice but I can wear whatever I want. Plus, fancy birthday party someone else is planning and where I don’t have to be the center of attention! Win/win(/win ;).
That’s all for now, fair readers. Hope your weekend was merry, too 🙂